http://beeseeker.wordpress.com and http://iggandfriends.wordpress.com/ have both nominate me for the Liebster Award.
Thank you! I am both humbled and appreciative. This is just a small effort to share my poems and photography, in the hopes that someone can relate to them, and something like this makes me feel that, in some way, I am connecting with other people. Thank you!
1) Paste the award picture into your blog.
2) Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
3) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know.
So, here we go. I am not so good at this, being an introvert, but I will try. 11 random facts about myself…let’s see….
1. I have a passion for photography and usually always have a camera with me.
2. I live near the ocean but would rather live in the mountains.
3. I dream of traveling the world.
4. I was a state champion horseback rider (jumping)
5. I love (American) football
6. My favorite color is blue.
7. I love roller coasters and go on as many as possible.
8. I can’t stand to be in large crowds
10. sunset is my favorite time of day
11. I talk to angels
Ok, next the questions I have to answer:
MY NEW QUESTIONS:
1.What keeps you awake at night?
I worry about things a lot – too much – usually things I have to control over. I am working on this.
2. Recommend a ghost story, suitable for a winter evening.
It’s not really a ghost story, but read The Long Walk by Stephen King. I promise you it will haunt you.
3. What has been your favourite moment of 2012?
Hiking down into the Grand Canyon this summer
4. What is your favourite quote and why?
“Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart.” (C.S. Lewis) I think this says it all in life.
5. What kind of doodler are you?
I doodle words.
6. Your favourite all-time comic character?
Woodstock (from Snoopy)
7. Something you wish you had learned earlier.
Things will happen in their own time, not when I want them to happen.
8. The question you always wanted to answer – but, dammit – nobody ever asked ?
I avoid answering questions, so I am happy when no one asks me anything!
9. What musical instrument ahve you tried to learn toplay (how successful have you been – so far)?
I used to play clarinet. I was not good at it. I always wished I could play the guitar.
10. At what time of day are you most active?
definitely night time….I wish I could stay up all night and sleep all day
11. Which two fictional characters would invite to dinner (where would you go?)
I would take Holden Caulfield and Juliet (from Romeo and Juliet). We would just sit at Starbucks and talk. I have questions I’d like to ask both of them!
Next, my new questions:
1. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
2. What place do you find most captivating?
3. What are your aspirations as a writer/photographer/artist/blogger?
4. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
5. What is your biggest regret?
6. What would do if you weren’t afraid?
7. If you had to move to a country other than the one you are living in, which country would you choose?
8. What is your all-time favorite book?
9. What type of music do you prefer?
10. What blog post (by another) stays most vivid in your mind?
11. What is your one most favorite word?
Next: nominees…this is hard because there are so many wonderful blogs, and also difficult, not knowing who has already been nominated for what and who does not “do” awards, but I am going to “wing” it and give a shout out to some very worthy blogs that I recommend: